Some of you were a bit confused with the work I assigned for the next class (see previous post).
I sent one of your classmates some questions to use as a guide for the discussion. I’m including them in this post.
These are the three strategies for close reading:
(1) Comprehension: Key Ideas and Details
(2) Text analysis: Craft and Structure
(3) Connections: Integration of Knowledge and Ideas
These guide questions should help you summarize each of the reading strategies:
Comprehension: Key Ideas and Details:
- What should you do first?
- How can you use context clues?
- What else can you do to understand things that are not familiar to you?
Text analysis: Craft and Structure:
- How does the author present ideas?
- How does the author write?
- What kinds of images does the author use?
- How does he tell the story?
Connections: Integration of Knowledge and Ideas:
- Can you identify the relationships and ideas?
- Are there important images or symbols in the story that have other meanings?
- How can these give the reader an idea of the theme of the story?