The first test of the 4th trimester will deal mostly with Homer’s Odyssey, Part 1. I’ve included the text for you which has all episodes minus the episode with the Cyclops.
I’ve divided the episodes, so if you want to locate them, here are the pages:
1. The Lotus-Eaters is on page 3
2. The Land of the Dead pp.4-7
3. The Sirens pp.8-9
4. Scylla and Charybdis pp. 10-11
5. The Cattle of the Sun God pp.12-15
Note: You may download this text to your personal electronic device.
Some questions that I may use for bonus points:
1. What happens to the men who eat the Lotus?
2. Who is Tiresias? Where does Odysseus meet him? What does Tiresias predict will happen to Odysseus?
3. What instructions does Odysseus give his shipmates as they prepare to deal with the Sirens? How does Odysseus keep his shipmates from hearing the Sirens sing?
4. What demand does Odysseus make of his men as they approach the rough waters?
5. What do Odysseus’ shipmates do while he is sleeping? How is Odysseus’ ship destroyed?