Movies & Films students:
Here are some thoughts and questions you may use as a guide for Movie Review #4 on the film Secondhand Lions:
Issues presented in the film that you might explore:
- Money: How important is it?
- Getting old: How some people respond to the aging process.
- Feeling useless: When might this happen? How do some people react?
- Relationships: romantic, family, etc.
- Seizing the moment: Not leaving things for later when it might be too late.
- Fact versus fiction: How some people tend to “stretch” the truth to make it more interesting.
Of all the three principal characters which did you like best? Why?
Do you have any relatives that behave like any of the characters from the film? Which ones in particular?
Do you believe in love at first sight? Why or why not?
What do you think “secondhand” refers to? Is it some kind of symbol? What might the lion represent?
I’m looking forward to reading your reviews; check out mine at lmmolinamoviesandfilms ~~LMMolina